Sunday, October 11, 2009

Welcome to Indianapolis: Here's Your Sign

This past week I flew back to my hometown. While the circumstances that drew me there were not happy (a very dear to my heart Great Aunt had passed away), it was wonderful to see so many of the people and places from my childhood. Sweetening the deal was the 5 hour drive to Ohio with my parents and sister, just like the good ole days minus the fighting in the backseat. And also Brit's usual tendency to be carsick 30 minutes after the boredom got to her enough that she would attempt to read.

Also I left the kids back home with Mike- Buwahahaha!

Anywho.... Flying into Indianapolis International Airport and House of Pancakes is always a treat for me as I try to pick out the old landmarks. Some are more obvious than others. For instance, the woman behind me leaned over her travelling buddy during our descent and I heard her say (and I SWEAR I am not making this up):

"What is that? It looks like some sort of racetrack. Is that a racetrack? Oh my Gawd it's HUGE!"



Ya think?
Now if you'll excuse me, I have 8o loads of laundry to catch up on.

2 comments:

  1. God is great, beer is good and people are c-r-a-z-y!!

    I went to see the Wizard of Oz on the big screen when they were showing it in the small town where I was living at the time. During the scene where Dorothy gets zonked in the head by the flying window, a little old lady sitting behind me turned to her daughter and said (loudly), "I bet this is all JUST A DREAM." And here's your sign...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll one-up you, Mommy:o) When I was a teen and we went to see Titanic, while standing in line my dad said to us girls "I'm only here to watch how they make the ship sink." And the valleygirl in front of us got really mad and yelled "WELL THANKS FOR RUINING THE MOVIE, JERK!!!"

    ReplyDelete